Tuesday, October 13, 2009

32 Week Check Up

We just went to see our favorite Dr. Ben Doke. He is the best Dr. on the planet in my opinion and Midland is so lucky to have The Midland Women's Clinic. It is a top notch facility, and we have been seeing the Dr. and his staff regularly for over a year now if you include our fertility visits, and every time we go I am impressed by everyone that works there. I mean you would think in Midland we would have less than stellar medical facilities, but that is just false, they have a state of the art everything (online charting, no paper, which makes me so happy), the lab is on site, the sono room is so cool (and they don't charge extra for 3-d sonograms), the nurses call you back in less than 30 mins regardless of how stupid your question, and we have never felt rushed. We always have enough time to ask all of our questions, and I don't feel like I could be in better hands.

I feel the need to point out good work when it is happening! Attawaytogo MWC...I am a happy patient. And here is what we learned today:

-I don't have Swine Flu!!!!! Just the common cold :)
-I have been cleared to attend TX/OU in Dallas!
-Midland Memorial is one of 200 hospitals that participates in the Public Cord Blood Bank, and we are going to donate Fay's cord blood to this bank. We debated whether or not to bank her blood privately, which would allow us to have access to her specific blood should we ever need it, but after discussing it with Dr. Doke we feel the advantages of the public bank out weigh the private. Because the chances of someone in our family needing her cord blood are very minimal, and it could be sitting there forever of no use to us, and paying to store it indefinitely. Then there could be another family that she is a match for, and they need it very badly and it could save their child's life. It works much like being on the bone marrow donor list. I encourage anyone that is having a baby to think about donating to the public bank, if enough people do, it could change so many lives.
-She is head down, and could still move around, but chances are she won't turn breech which is great!
-Her heartbeat is perfect.
-And mom and baby were given an overall thumbs up today.

Our next appt is at 34 weeks on Oct. 26th and we will be having our last sonogram...I CAN NOT WAIT to see what she looks like now!

No comments:

Post a Comment