Monday, September 26, 2011

LA LA LAND

Here are some pics from our trip to LA LA Land for the UCLA vs TX game.  We flew out with the McMillians on Thursday and we stayed at the new hotel Mr. C's in BH.  As soon as we arrived we headed to the Ivy for lunch (my mom's favorite) and had gimlets and really good food.  I know this place is touristy but the food is great and the service is even better...so we don't care.  After lunch we went shopping on Robertson and then had dinner at Hamasku on the west side.  I honestly think it is the best sushi in LA and I have eaten a lot of sushi in LA.  I would eat their ponzu sauce with a spoon.  Friday my mom and I had facials at Verabella and there is not a better facial in the country.  Then we headed to shop and eat at The Grove.  

Friday night we had a mini LA friend reunion at Jenny and David Groom's house.  Which is in east Burbank and overlooks the entire valley.  It's a gorgeous house and it was so fun to see everyone...it seemed like no time had passed except that everyone was married, or seriously dating, and some of us had kids.  Not to mention that I never thought any of us would own real estate in LA!  Congrats Grooms!  

Saturday was the game and it was so fun tailgating before.  Then it got hot but the horns kicked ass.  Meanwhile the Joyners had flown in for the weekend from Dallas to watch the girls and they ended up getting DOUBLE EAR INFECTIONS while we  are gone.  I felt so bad for everyone back in Midland.  I can't thank the Joyners enough for doing such a good job with TWO sick kids.  And they didn't even complain!  They thanked us for having them out!  

Saturday night we ordered take out and ate at Jim's place and all watched Bama kill North Texas.  Sunday it was back to Midland...goodbye paradise.  I sure do miss LA LA Land.
Lunch at the Ivy in BH

Nice Eyes Dad

Dinner at Hamasaku.  Best sushi in LA.
Jim couldn't join because Tosh was shooting live in AZ



Tailgating with the Texas Exes at the Rose Bowl

Jim made it to the game!


Love these girls

Happy

Singing the Eyes


Hook Em



About to head into the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment